Released January, 2008
The Pros:Upper ranges are very crisp and well-defined. Bass range is well represented, has some good detailing without getting distorted. Grill designs look high-end and cool.
The Cons:Slightly overbalanced for treble and bass. Doesn't have a strong "attack" in the upper ranges, won't give sharp piercing noise (if that's what is desired). Tweeters are larger than most, hard to install them in existing ports.
The Pioneer TS-D1720C are a pair of 6.75” component car-audio loudspeakers pieced together from dual-layer IMC Aramid/Basalt fibers twisted into a composite cone. Competing directly with the TS-D1320C, the TS-D1720C offers a larger frame (versus 5.25”), increased power handling (260w versus 180w), and a higher quality frequency (30Hz-33kHz versus 35Hz-33kHz).
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The TS-D1720C also comes equipped with both 6” x 8” and shallow mount adapters, an angled surface for customizable tweeter mounting, and a 1-1/8” soft dome tweeter. Although priced at $219.95 ($20 over the TS-D1720C and $70 over the TS-D1602R), critics cite the Pioneer TS-D1720C’s capacity for big sound, low frequency, and customization as great reasons to purchase it.
- Woofer Cone Material: Dual-Layer IMX Aramid/Basalt Fiber Composite Cone
- Surround: Butyl Rubber for Smoother Response
- Voice Coil Bobbin: Glass-Imide
- Voice Coil Wire: OFC Copper
- Damper: Aramid Fiber
- Copper Ring: OFC Copper
- Tweeter: 1-1/8" Soft Dome with Magnetic Fluid and Neodymium Magnet
- Rear Chamber Tweeter Design: Rear Chamber Design for Lower Crossover Frequency
- Basket Design: Full Depth Basket for Rich Bass Response
- Built-in Passive Crossover: Audiophile-Grade Outboard with -12dB/Oct. LPF/HPF
- Speaker Grille: Included
- Custom-Fit Basket: 6” x 8” and Shallow Mount Adapters Included
- Special: Surface (Angled), Flush and Invisible Tweeter Mounting
- Watts MAX Music Power: 260w
- Watts Nominal Power Handling: 60w
- Frequency Response: 30Hz-33kHz
- Sensitivity (1W/1m): 88dB
- Ohm Rating: 4
- Mounting Depth: 2-1/2" (64.5 mm)
User Reviews (3)
upper ranges are very crisp and well-defined
bass range is well represented, has some good detailing without getting distorted
grill designs look high-end and cool
capable of loud volume output, don't need much more to the sound system
slightly overbalanced for treble and bass
doesn't have a strong "attack" in the upper ranges, won't give sharp piercing noise (if that's what is desired)
tweeters are larger than most, hard to install them in existing ports
You may also like...