Released January, 2008
The Pros:Installation is fairly easy, no surprises along the way. Great detail in the audio, everything stands out well even on OEM head units. Crisp and clear audio without distortion even at high volume.
The Cons:Doesn't tend to fit properly in a lot of pre-cut holes in the car.
The Pioneer TS-D1602R are a pair of 6.5” 2-way car-audio loudspeakers constructed out of dual-layer IMC Aramid/Basalt fibers wrapped in a composite cone. Although the TS-D1602R has a larger frame than the 5.25” TS-D1320C, it is considered an overall downgrade because it excludes the TS-D1320C’s OFC copper ring, angled surface (for invisible tweeter mounting), and 6” x 8” adapter.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
However, it must noted that the TS-D1602R offers an increased power handling (260w versus 180w) and a better frequency response (35Hz-32kHz versus 35Hz-33kHz). The TS-D1602R also includes a custom-fit basket designed for improved fitting into GM oversized 6-1/2” applications, -6dB and -2dB built-in passive crossovers, and also a wave guide for dispersion control. In addition, the Pioneer TS-D1602R sports a 1-1/8” soft dome tweeter and is priced at $149.95.
- Woofer Cone Material: Dual-Layer IMX Aramid/Basalt Fiber Composite Cone
- Surround: Butyl Rubber for Smoother Response
- Voice Coil Bobbin: Glass-Imide
- Voice Coil Wire: OFC Copper
- Damper: Aramid Fiber
- Tweeter: 1-1/8" Soft Dome with Magnetic Fluid and Neodymium Magnet
- Rear Chamber Tweeter Design: Rear Chamber Design for Lower Crossover Frequency
- Basket Design: Full Depth Basket for Rich Bass Response
- Wave Guides: Wave Guides For Dispersion Control
- Built-in Passive Crossover: -6dB/Oct. LPF, -12dB/Oct.HPF
- Speaker Grille: Included
- Custom-Fit Basket: Improved Fit on GM Oversized 6-1/2” Applications
- Watts MAX Music Power: 260w
- Watts Nominal Power Handling: 60w
- Frequency Response: 35Hz-32kHz
- Sensitivity (1W/1m): 88dB
- Ohm Rating: 4
- Mounting Depth: 2-3/8" (59 mm)
User Reviews (2)
installation is fairly easy, no surprises along the way
great detail in the audio, everything stands out well even on OEM head units
crisp and clear audio without distortion even at high volume
bass hits hard, impactful beats
when used with an amp they take full advantage of the extra power for loud volume
slim enough to fit into door mounts
doesn't tend to fit properly in a lot of pre-cut holes in the car
You may also like...