Released January, 2006
The Pros:Mid range is clear and detailed, no distortion. Tweeters are soft, won't come across as sounding too harsh. Crossover is very well built, feels solid and durable.
The Cons:Crossover is a bit cumbersome, hard to find a good place to mount it. Difficult to tune them properly for best balance. Speakers are made of plastic that can be split if you aren't careful with how you install them.
The Pioneer TS-C720PRS are a pair of 6-3/4” PRS component scar-audio loudspeakers composed from interlaced Aramad fibers wrapped in a 3-lay IMX composite cone. An upgrade from the 5-1/4” TS-C520PRS, the TS-C720PRS offers an increased maximum power handling of 200w (versus 150w) and an improved frequency of 25Hz-32kHz (versus 35Hz-32kHz).
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The TS-C720PRS, however, features a 1-1/8" lightweight soft dome tweeter just like the TS-C520PRS. In addition, the TS-C720PRS maintains a high density micro fiber surround, short magnetic field design voice coils, dual OFC short copper rings, and a custom fit basket. Packed with a wide array of functionalities and top-notch features, the $549.95 (versus $499.95) Pioneer TS-C720PRS is considered a high powered competitor to all other 6-3/4” speakers on the market.
- Woofer Cone Material: 3-layer IMX (Injection Molded Matrix) Composite Cone Woofer
- Surround: High Density Micro Fiber Surround for Extremely Smooth Response
- Voice Coil Bobbin: Short Voice Coil, Wide Magnetic Field Design for Symmetric, Linear Cone Motion
- Copper Ring: Dual OFC Short Rings for Reduced Distortion
- Tweeter: 1-1/8" lightweight soft dome tweeter
- Rear Chamber Tweeter Design: Rear Chamber Design for Lower Crossover Frequency
- Basket Design: Bottom-Hold Aluminum Die Cast Basket, Center Plug and Tweeter Chassis
- Built-in Passive Crossover: Audiophile-Grade Outboard with -12dB/Oct. LPF/HPF
- Speaker Grille: Included
- Custom-Fit Basket: 6” x 8” Adapter Included
- Special: Surface (Angled), Flush and Invisible Tweeter Mounting
- Watts MAX Music Power: 200w
- Watts Nominal Power Handling: 50w
- Frequency Response: 25Hz-32kHz
- Sensitivity (1W/1m): 88dB
- Ohm Rating: 4
- Mounting Depth: 2-5/8" (57mm)
User Reviews (2)
mid range is clear and detailed, no distortion
tweeters are soft, won't come across as sounding too harsh
crossover is very well built, feels solid and durable
won't distort even when run up to top volume
crossover is a bit cumbersome, hard to find a good place to mount it
difficult to tune them properly for best balance
speakers are made of plastic that can be split if you aren't careful with how you install them
You may also like...