Released January, 2008
The Pros:Big improvements on TS-A6882R. Good frequency range. Not expensive.
The Cons:Misleading wattage - 40W nominal, 300W maximum.
The Pioneer TS-A6972R are a pair of 6” x 8” 3-way car-audio loudspeakers constructed with dual Aramid fibers in a composite IMPP cone design. Competing against the TS-A6882R, the TS-A6972R offers improvements such as 300w max power handling (versus 280w), 28Hz-33kHz frequency response (versus 35Hz-27kHz), a 1.8125” midrange speaker (versus 1.5”) a .6875” dome tweeter (versus .5”), foamed rubber coated cloth surrounds (versus butyl rubber), and an included speaker grille.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The TS-A6972R, however, does not include a supertweeter, therefore rendering it at $99.95, the same price as the TS-A6882R. In addition, the Pioneer TS-A6972R features a heat-resistant polyester-imide resin voice coil wire that can handle higher levels of heat, a sensitivity rating of 93dB, and an increased mounting depth of 6" x 8-2/3" (versus 2-1/2").
- Woofer Cone Material: Composite IMPP Cone with Interlaced Dual Aramid Fiber
- Surround: Foamed Rubber Coated Cloth
- Voice Coil Bobbin: Glass-Imide
- Damper: Aramid Fiber
- Mid-Range: 1-13/16"Lightweight Balanced Dome with Magnet Fluid
- Tweeter: 11/16" Dome Tweeter
- Speaker Grille: Included
- Basket Design: Full Depth Basket for Rich Bass Response
- Watts MAX Music Power: 300w
- Watts Nominal Power Handling: 40w
- Frequency Response: 28Hz-33kHz
- Sensitivity (1W/1m): 93dB
- Ohm Rating: 4
- Mounting Depth: 6" x 8-2/3"(151mm x 220 mm)
User Reviews (3)
big improvements on TS-A6882R
misleading wattage - 40W nominal, 300W maximum
You may also like...