Released January, 2008
The Pros:Installation is very easy, fit factory pre-drilled holes, can be done in 10 minutes. Strong bass response, deep, rich and detailed. Mids sound natural, not too brassy and no distortion.
The Cons:Tends to wash out in the upper mids. Highs often sound tinny in certain ranges. Need an amplifier to fully explore the capabilities of the speaker.
The Pioneer TS-A6872R are a pair of 6” x 8” 3-way car-audio loudspeakers designed as a composite IMPP cone with interlaced dual Aramid fibers. Packed with a full 260w of maximum power handling, the TS-A6872R is cited as providing the “strength and rigidity that powerful bass sound requires.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
” Although the TS-A6872R does not include a super-tweeter like its counterpart, the TS-A6882R, it does offer a more reasonable MSRP of $79.95 versus $99.95, plus a 1.25” lightweight balanced midrange dome speaker and .375” dome tweeter. In addition, the Pioneer TS-A6872R uses a butyl rubber surround for smoother responses, glass-imide voice coil bobbins, and a Conex damper.
- Woofer Cone Material: Composite IMPP Cone with Interlaced Dual Aramid Fiber
- Surround: Butyl Rubber for Smoother Response
- Voice Coil Bobbin: Glass-Imide
- Damper: Conex
- Mid-Range: 1-1/4" Lightweight Balanced Dome Midrange with Neodymium Magnet and Magnetic Fluid
- Tweeter: 3/8" Dome Tweeter
- Basket Design: Full Depth Basket for Rich Bass Response
- Watts MAX Music Power: 240w
- Watts Nominal Power Handling: 50w
- Frequency Response: 30Hz-28kHz
- Sensitivity (1W/1m): 90dB
- Ohm Rating: 4
- Mounting Depth: 2-1/2" (62mm)
User Reviews (1)
installation is very easy, fit factory pre-drilled holes, can be done in 10 minutes
strong bass response, deep, rich and detailed
mids sound natural, not too brassy and no distortion
can work directly off of a head unit without needing an amp
tends to wash out in the upper mids
highs often sound tinny in certain ranges
need an amplifier to fully explore the capabilities of the speaker
You may also like...