Released January, 2009
The Pros:Very powerful. Great range. Attractive.
The JVC CS-HX6957X are a pair of 6” x 9” 5-way coaxial car-audio speakers with a slim and shallow design that combines high-end speaker performance details with sensible mounting options, thereby enabling the user to create a loud or stealthy audio system for both the ears and eyes.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The fifth of five JVC CS-HX car speakers, the JVC CS-HX6957X is a slight upgrade from the CS-HX6947X in that it features two super-tweeters versus just one. Both super-tweeters are Poly-Ether Imide Balanced, but one is 19/32” whereas the other is ½”. In addition, the CS-HX6957X comes equipped with a 6” x 9” Carbon Fiber Composite Olefin woofer and a 2-21/32” Pulp Cone midrange. The CS-HX6947X also boasts a power output of 510w (versus 490w), an impedance of 4 ohms, a frequency response of 25 – 30,000Hz, a sensitivity of 87dB, heat-resistant voice coils, a stylish silver trim plate, and a black grille. The JVC CS-HX6947X retails for a more expensive $149.95 (versus $119.95) and comes with a 1 year limited warranty.
- 5-Way Coaxial
- Twin Roll Butyl Rubber Edge
- 6” x 9” Carbon Fiber Composite Olefin Woofer (Strontium)
- 2-21/32” Pulp Cone Midrange (Strontium)
- 1” Poly-Ether Imide Dome Tweeter (Neodymium)
- 19/32” Poly-Ether Imide Balanced Super-Tweeter (Neodymium)
- ½” Poly-Ether Imide Balanced Super-Tweeter 2 (Neodymium)
- Peak Power Output: 490w
- Nominal Power Output: 80w
- Frequency Response: 25 – 39,000Hz
- Impedance: 4 ohms
- Sensitivity: 87dB
- Crossover Frequency: 4, 8, 12, 15kHz
- Heat-Resistant Voice Coil
- Mounting Depth: 3-1/8”
- 1 Year Limited Warranty
User Reviews (2)
You may also like...